1. Amok – Amok, which is curried fish accompanied with rice, is one of the most famous dishes in Cambodia. I enjoyed it for dinner on my first night in Siem Reap.
2. Seafood – There are lots of delicious seafood dishes available in Cambodia, particularly along the coast. BBQ dishes are very popular – I tried BBQ barracuda in Sihanoukville and delicious BBQ fish while visiting a remote island for the day.
3. Num Banh Chok – Otherwise known as Khmer noodles, this is a light and delicious rice noodle soup.
4. Bai Sach Chrouk – This dish is made up of stir-fried pork with rice. Rice is a staple food in Cambodia so if you enjoy eating meat and rice, there will be lots of options for you.
5. Stir-fried rice and noodles – Cambodia has lots of similar ingredients in cooking as the rest of South-East Asia so there are plenty of rice and noodle dishes.